The Diocese of Covington’s Catholic Charities is seeking to hire a full-time Counselor for our Mental Health and Pregnancy/Adoption Programs. This counselor performs all the duties of a Licensed Counselor, for our general counseling practice serving individuals and families with a partial emphasis on pregnancy and adoption.
Educational and Experiential Criteria:
- Practicing Roman Catholic.
- Master’s degree required plus three years related experience preferred.
- Advanced licensure or certification indicating ability to practice independently or be within one year of that certification, such as LPCC or LCSW.
- Experience with diverse populations including children, adults, couples, and families, those with mental illness and substance use disorders, life transitions, all income levels, various cultural backgrounds. In addition, interest in Pregnancy Counseling and Adoption Services strongly preferred.
- Experience with DSM 5.
- Performs all the duties of the independent therapist and demonstrates an ability to work independently other than with administrative oversight.
- Participates in internal and external functions which advance the cause of human services at Catholic Charities and in the community including: advocacy, teaching, participation in planning processes, etc.
Interested candidates should submit resume, including at least three references with contact email addresses, along with cover letter and salary history by email to Stephen Koplyay, SPHR [email protected]. For the full job posting please click: Mental Health Pregnancy-Adoption Counselor