NEW DIOCESAN PROCEDURE FOR EMHC CERTIFICATION
- There is no longer a required Diocesan training for EMHC… these training are to be conducted at the local parish under the direction of the local Pastor.
- Once these local trainings have been completed, pastors are to submit the names of those ministers who have completed their training for a commissioning by the Bishop.
- Once the names are submitted, the Office of Worship will create certificates which will then be sent to the Office of the Bishop for signature.
- When the certificates are returned from the Office of the Bishop, the Office of Worship will send them to the appropriate parishes.
- The parishes will be responsible for making sure that all of their EMHC have a valid commissioning certificate from the Bishop (valid for 5 years).
** New in the Norms for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Lectors:
Must be VIRTUS trained, compliant, and up to date on the bulletins. **
COMMISSIONING CEREMONY FROM THE BOOK OF BLESSINGS
Chapter 63 : Order for the Commissioning of Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion