The Chancery includes those offices and persons who directly assist the Bishop in the pastoral and administrative governance of the Diocese of Covington.
The Chancery, on behalf of the bishop:
- expedites canonical matters;
- collects and preserves diocesan and parish records;
- assists parishes and priests with civil matters;
- maintains files on priests and parishes;
- collects statistical information for the Diocese;
- facilitates communications with other dioceses and the Vatican;
- provides information on the Church or directs inquirers to appropriate sources;
- oversees diocesan offices.