The Chancery includes those offices and persons who directly assist the Bishop in the pastoral and administrative governance of the Diocese of Covington.
The Chancery, on behalf of the Bishop:
- Expedites canonical matters;
- Collects and preserves Diocesan and parish records;
- Assists parishes and priests with civil matters;
- Maintains files on priests and parishes;
- Collects statistical information for the Diocese;
- Facilitates communications with other Dioceses and the Vatican;
- Provides information on the Church or directs inquirers to appropriate sources;
- Oversees Diocesan offices.