Functions of the Chancery
The Chancery includes those offices and persons who directly assist the Bishop in the pastoral and administrative governance of the Diocese of Covington.
The Chancery, on behalf of the bishop:
- expedites canonical matters;
- collects and preserves diocesan and parish records;
- assists parishes and priests with civil matters;
- maintains files on priests and parishes;
- collects statistical information for the Diocese;
- facilitates communications with other dioceses and the Vatican;
- provides information on the Church or directs inquirers to appropriate sources;
- oversees diocesan offices.
Most Reverend Roger J. Foys, D.D.
Bishop of CovingtonDiocese of Covington
ChancellorDiocese of Covington
SecretaryDiocese of Covington