The full-time Coordinator of Youth Ministry will be responsible for recruiting and forming adult
and high school volunteers as teams of missionary disciples who will carry out the
formation initiatives of junior high and high school teens. Secondarily, the coordinator
will develop and execute content, curriculum, and programs for teens, with a primary
focus on grades 9-12 and a secondary focus on grades 7-8.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND REGULAR ACTIVITIES include:
- Recruit and form adult volunteers, mentors, and other leaders as teams of
missionary disciples capable and competent in carrying out faith formation
initiatives, focusing primarily on high school youth ministry (grades 9-12) and
secondarily on junior high youth ministry (grades 7-8).
- Recruit and form high school leaders as a team of missionary disciples
capable and competent in assisting with ministry initiatives.
- In close collaboration with the Office of Evangelization and Faith Formation
and volunteer leadership teams, develop and execute content, curriculum,
and program plans for periodic junior high youth ministry (grades 7-8) and
weekly high school (grades 9-12) youth ministry.
- Collaborate with the director of communications and other members of the
parish and school staff to conduct all necessary communications.
- Manage the high school youth ministry social media accounts.
- Participate in Office of Evangelization and Faith Formation meetings, events,
and formation and contribute to the good of the Evangelization Team.
Participate in all required parish staff meetings and events.
- Participate in relevant archdiocesan training and meetings.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the director of evangelization and faith
formation or pastor.
- Pastoral leadership and team building
- Content and curriculum development
- Highly organized and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in writing/communications
- Experience with managing social media
- Public speaking
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, catechetics, or a related field
- 2 years of experience in youth ministry or related field
Compensation will be based upon qualifications and experience. A full archdiocesan
benefits package is part of the compensation.
Employees of St. Gertrude Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a
willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of St.
Gertrude Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the
Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or
the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference
of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or
writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Walter Plummer, director of evangelization, at [email protected].