Have you ever wanted to visit Greece to walk in the footsteps of St. Paul? If so, Bishop John Iffert is inviting 44 travelers to join him on a pilgrimage to Greece. The 11-day trip includes a 3-night cruise through the Greek Islands and Turkey. Travelers will depart from the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Airport, Oct. 22 and return home Nov. 1.
Immediate opening for a full-time music director in a vibrant Catholic parish located in Central Kentucky…the Horse Capital of the World. Duties include being a pastoral musician and providing responsible leadership of a varied music ministry consisting of an adult choir, children’s choir, hand bell choir, cantors, and instrumental ensembles. Coordination and musical leadership of weekly parish masses, those on holy days of obligation, occasional funerals, and one weekly school mass will also be expected of the successful candidate.
Applicants should be a practicing Catholic living in harmony with the Church’s teachings in the Catechism. Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate familiarity with a spectrum of church music, from chant to contemporary. Minimum requirements are a degree in Music, or comparable knowledge, with a minimum of two (2) years of directly related church musical experience.
Consider relocating to Lexington, if not already a resident, where you can enjoy four beautiful seasons of the year, along with award-winning rural landscapes a short distance outside of a nationally recognized city with an outstanding quality of life.
All candidates are encouraged to apply to [email protected] by January 1, 2024. Interviews may be limited, depending upon the number of applicants.
Mount St. Mary’s Seminary & School of Theology is looking to immediately hire a full-time cook to join our dietary team. The position comes with great pay and benefits as well as a vibrant and respectful working environment. The primary function of this role is to prepare meals–including hot and cold food items as well as desserts–for our residents, students, staff, and outside events. Candidates must have previous experience following recipes and cooking procedures. ServSafe Certification is a plus. See the full job description here. Please send your resume to Mike Wulker at [email protected].
Last Advent, the Diocese of Covington held its first ever Bambinelli blessing at St. Mary’s Park, Cathedral Square, Covington. This year, the blessing returns after positive reception by the community for its second event.
Sunday, Dec. 17, 6:30–8 p.m. at St. Mary’s Park, Cathedral Square, Covington.
Holy Cross High School is seeking a full time Development Director. The ideal candidate would have experience in the position and have a background in development software. Please send cover letter and resume to Principal Mike Holtz – subject Development Director Position at [email protected] and Dot Trame – subject Development Director Position at [email protected]
The Thomas More University Institute for Learning Differences (ILD), is seeking professional tutors/academic coaches. The ILD is a comprehensive support program designed for college students with documented learning disabilities. Working with ILD students the tutor/coach will implement student-centric methods focusing on learning strategies and content knowledge while applying best practices for students with learning differences. Students meet with tutors according to a set schedule each week throughout the semester.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in your content area or field related to learning differences required. Excellent English communication skills required. Must possess the ability to interact with a diverse student population. Needs for Biology, Business, Communications, Computer Science, History, Psychology, and Sociology.
The Diocese of Covington School Lunch program is currently seeking dedicated individuals to join our team in various positions within our school cafeterias. These important roles contribute to the successful operation of our school lunch program, ensuring the provision of nutritious meals to our students.
- Cafeteria Managers
- Food Prep Staff, Cooks, Servers, Dishwashers
Location: Various schools within the Diocese of Covington
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
- Cafeteria managers: daily responsibilities include managing the cafeteria, supervising staff, ensuring compliance with the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and state health and food safety standards, overseeing food preparation, and maintaining a clean and organized environment.
- Food Prep Staff: Responsibilities include assisting with food preparation, such as cutting vegetables, portioning food items, and assembling trays or lunch packages according to guidelines.
- Cooks: responsible for cooking and preparing meals following established recipes, ensuring the quality, taste and presentation of the food served.
- Servers: Responsible for serving meals to students in an efficient and friendly manner, maintaining portion control, and ensuring compliance with food safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant certifications or culinary education is a plus for certain positions.
- Prior experience in a food service or cafeteria setting is preferred but not required for all positions.
- Knowledge of NSLP guidelines and state health and food safety regulations is desirable for managerial positions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- Reliable and punctual.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for eligible employees. The exact details will be discussed during the interview process.
To apply for any of the cafeteria positions, please go to https://covdio.org/employment/, School Related Openings, Employment Application Non-Teacher, send completed application to: Diocese of Covington, Attn: Laura Hatfield SLP Director, 1125 Madison Ave, Covington KY 41011.