The Deputy Superintendent of Catholic Identity will be charged with creating a holistic vision and plan to significantly strengthen Catholic identity in 88 elementary and 23 secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. This is a top priority for the Archdiocese. The plan must address Catholic curriculum, non-classroom formation, culture, campus ministry, and Catholic school leadership, faculty and staff formation. The Deputy Superintendent of Catholic Identity must build buy-in and support for the plan among key constituents and provide the tools, training and resources necessary to bring the plan to life. The Deputy Superintendent of Catholic Identity will periodically assess results at the individual school level, making improvement recommendations as necessary and reporting results to the Director of Educational Services & Superintendent of Schools.
The Deputy Superintendent of Catholic Identity will manage a staff of three (3) direct reports, and build productive and mutually respectful relationships with all co-workers and Catholic school personnel. He/she must also be a collaborative member of the leadership team of the Catholic Schools Office. The Deputy Superintendent must be a model of professional conduct and always represent the Archdiocese of Cincinnati with honesty and integrity.
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE:
- An orthodox, practicing Catholic in good standing with comprehensive knowledge of the Catholic Church, including history, structure, doctrine and moral teaching. Passion for the Catholic faith. Engaged in the life of the Church.
- Graduate degree in Catholic theology.
- At least 5 years leadership and instructional experience in Catholic education required. Experience in Catholic secondary education highly preferred.
- Practical experience in catechesis and evangelization preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An engaging, faith-filled leader who can formulate and articulate a strong holistic vision for Catholic education, build buy-in and enthusiasm from key constituents, and translate that vision into practical execution.
- A forward-looking and self-motivated change agent who operates productively without day-to-day oversight. Well-organized with strong attention to detail. Plans ahead.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Collaborative and enjoyable. Builds productive and mutually respectful relationships. Engenders trust. Open to input.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a holistic vision and plan to significantly strengthen Catholic identity permeating all aspects of the 88 elementary and 23 secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. The ultimate plan must address:
- Catholic School Leadership Formation – training for school principals and (where applicable) presidents to model and instill strong Catholic leadership within all archdiocesan Catholic schools
- Faculty & Staff Formation – continuing professional education and certification in the Catholic faith, including management and assessment of the existing Vocare and School of Faith programs
- Catholic Curriculum – faithful and rigorous religion curriculum and instruction, including Theology of the Body, as well as complementary guidance for the other academic subject areas (e.g. Catholic authors for literature class)
- Catholic Formation – expectations around worship and sacraments, retreat programs for students, Catholic speakers, and other opportunities for non-academic faith formation; this would also include parent communication/programming on topics of Catholic faith and moral teaching
- Catholic Culture – Catholic Schools Week activities and extracurriculars in schools, such as celebration of saints/patrons, clubs, community service, mission trips, pilgrimages, March for Life, etc.
- Campus Ministry – depending upon the size of the school and its organization, this function may oversee much of the Catholic Formation and Catholic Culture on a given campus
- Build enthusiasm and support for the vision and plan with all key constituents. Provide the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve the vision. Periodically assess/measure results.
- Lead and develop a Catholic Identity team (3 FTE in addition to the Deputy Superintendent of Catholic Identity). This includes ongoing coaching and development, annual reviews, employee engagement and morale building, and all other aspects of supervision.
- Work collaboratively and congenially with the Director of Educational Services, fellow Deputy Superintendents, and all other members of the Catholic Schools Office, including participating in leadership meetings and activities.
- Create and nurture productive working relationships with other offices of the archdiocesan Pastoral Center, especially the Center for the New Evangelization.
- Participate in important Catholic Schools Office and Pastoral Center priorities/activities as requested periodically by the Director of Educational Services. Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Educational Services.
Please apply to: [email protected]