Saint Timothy School has an opening for a full-time Technology Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide technical support for and input in the integration of technology, as well as provide information on current best practices, innovations and emerging trends. General responsibilities include:
- Identify technology needs, barriers and weaknesses; develop, organize and implement solutions for students, teachers, staff and administrators in both school and office environments.
- Research and maintain awareness in advances in academic and instructional technologies.
- Create and facilitate school-based, high-quality professional development, working with teachers to refine their knowledge and skills in using technology to support and enhance teaching and learning. Training may include in-class instruction, one-on-one meetings and facilitated group workshops.
- Act as a technical mentor and guide to faculty in the development and maintenance of new technology-based curricula and in applying technology to instructional processes.
- Actively engage in new educational technology development activities, including conferences and workshops.
- Work with student clubs and activities to support educational technology outside of the classroom.
- Provide onsite end user support when able and liaison with hardware and software vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Lead in the design and implementation of active learning spaces.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the school’s webpage, internet and social media outlets.
- Manage hardware and software contracts/purchasing and budget
Qualified candidates will be practicing Roman Catholics who have experience working in educational environments. Job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2 years of experience in educational technology in private school setting preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, technology, customer service and presentation skills.
- Broad general knowledge of curriculum, curriculum development and instructional best practices.
- Experience delivering professional development to educators and knowledge of best practices in adult learning.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Apps for Education.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of current and popular educational technology tools.
- Facility with Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS and mobile devices.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new systems and applications.
This position reports to the Principal. Interested applicants should send a resume with a minimum of three references to [email protected].